Home / Common Service Centre or CSC registration process

Common Service Centre or CSC registration process

How To Open common service centres, CSC full form, registration process, how to apply

Common Service Centre is started by the Central Government of India. This centre will be established to cater services to the villages, rural areas and remote rural areas where the use of digital platform is rare or absent. Through these various centres, beneficiaries can receive any of the services like health, government schemes, finance, business and such.

CSC Registration

Launch Details

CSC or Common Service Centre project was first approved and started by the central government in the year 2006. It has joined Digital India initiative, started by PM Narendra Modi, in the year 2014. The CSC Scheme has initiated too to facilitate people across rural India.

Key Features

  • Objective: The main aim of the centres is to provide quality services to the people living in rural and remote rural areas. All the government and businesses should be smoothly accesses by them through the CSC.
  • Funding: This project is funded by Government and private sectors. It is a Public – Private Partnership basis project. The share of government in funding the project is 30% and the rest 70% will be borne by the private sectors. In this 30% of the central government’s share, nearly 45% is borne by state government and 55% is borne by the central government.
  • Registration: Candidates and beneficiaries can register their names in this centre. There is a web portal as well http://www.csc.gov.in/ through which the beneficiaries can register their names.
  • Functions & Services: The centres are providing all kinds of services like Agriculture, Education, Health, Financial Services, and Government to Citizens, Business to citizens and such.

Services provided by CSC

There are 5 broad categories of services that CSCs are providing. They are

  • Government to Citizens: Under this category there are 9 services included. These are Bharat Bill Pay, e-District, Passport, PAN Card, PM Awas Yojana, Soil Health Card, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, FSSAI and FASTag through CSCs.
  • Education Service: Under educational services category, there are Learn English courses, GST courses, legal literacy campaigns, cyber gram yojana, NABARD financial programs, NDML-DISHA, Tally certificate and Tally Kaushal praman patra, CSC BCC Courses and NIELIT courses. All these services are included in the education service provided by CSC.
  • Health Care Service: Under this category, beneficiaries will get 8 health care services that include Thyrocare, Health Homeo, 3NEthra kits, Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Scheme, Tele-Health Consultation, Hello Health Kits, JIVA Ayurveda Scheme and Tele-medicine remote diagnostic kits.
  • Financial Services: With the set of 8 services, the category finance has been introduced under CSC. There are Banking, Insurance, Pension, PM Fasal bima yojana, GST registration provider, digital finance service, skill development and VLE Bazaar services will be available.
  • Business to Citizens: Under this category, there are 3 services. These services are provided by the private sectors to the citizens of India. These services are Mobile recharge, Mobile bill payment and DTH services and connections.
  • Other services: Other services like DigiPay, Digital Platform Services and Agricultural services will also be available under CSCs in India.

How to find a CSC

Common Service Centres are established in various locations across the rural India. To find or locate the centre near the beneficiary, they can use the online portal. There are two ways through which one can reach out for the centre near their location.

  • Firstly, they can visit the web portal https://www.csc.gov.in/ of CSC. There will be text boxes where the beneficiaries have to select the State, District and Block, afterwards, the list of centres will be appeared on screen.
  • Secondly, the beneficiaries can click on the portal link http://locator.csccloud.in/ where they have to select State, District, Sub-District and VLE address should be given. Then by clicking on the Search button, beneficiaries can easily get the centres.

The scheme is launched to take all the diversities, on the base of region, language, geography, to the one single portal CSC for better access to the various schemes and services by the beneficiaries across the nation.

Other Business Ideas 

  1. Best Recycling Business Ideas With Low Investment
  2. MSME Online Registration Process 
  3. Mug Printing Business Plan 
  4. Online Internet Business Ideas