How Start CSC Services Business (Common Service Centers) Registration Rules Fee
The government of India has announced setting up of Common Service Centers (CSCs). The centers will offer with good governance and services for the people living in the rural areas. The networks will be set across the nation within villages and remote areas. CSCs are points of access from where people living within rural areas and remote places can get connected to the government schemes and services via e-governance system. These points offer people with convenience to get connected to various government schemes and services via internet connection.
Eligibility Criteria and Rules
There are a few criteria that need to be fulfilled by anyone who wants to set up CSC on account of eligibility. Candidates interested may have to provide with infrastructure and personal information details to the authorities.
- Eligible candidate has to be a citizen of the state where he wants to set up his CSC. The applicant should be of minimum legal age (18 years of above) at the time of registration.
- Applicant should be having a minimum of 12th pass certification from the local recognized school within his state limits. This also means that he or she should be very much efficient in writing and reading local language.
- As the applicant will have to explain government scheme online over the computer so it is also important that he or she should have basic knowledge of operating a computer system. He is expected to have all knowledge related to taking printouts and using internet services and other apps.
- Besides the above mentioned eligibility criteria the government has also stated that the candidate should have some infrastructure where he or she can plan to open up the CSC. This could mean having a hall or a room (exact specification not mentioned) along with basic requirement of one or two computer systems with all other devices connected (Hardware).
How to apply and Register for CSC center
- To get registered for CSC (Common Service Center) or to complete with the application process applicants have to first visit the online web portal at http://register.csc.gov.in. Once on the main page then you will have to look around for option “Apply”. Applicants just have to select this option and get started with application process.
- You will be diverted towards the Application form where you have to provide with your details related to Aadhaar card. This is important for verification and so you have to select the authenticate option. You will be requested to enter the Captcha Text as appeared on the screen in the Tab provided before selecting the “Submit” option.
- An OTP will be generated by the system automatically and an SMS will be sent on your mobile device. You have to provide with the valid OTP forwarded to you on mobile and enter in the space provided.
- Next the applicants are expected to provide details under the Kiosk Tab. This includes providing details related to CSC or Kiosk center, location and Gram Panchayat details within your village or desired location. Next you have to fill in all possible details related to your registered Bank under the “Bank” tab.
- Once you have upload all your valid documents you will have to upload and Geo tag the photos of your CSC. It is also important to provide with details related to infrastructure along with hardware specifications of the system. Before you click the final submit option it is advisable to cross check all details provided. Once submitted a copy of your registration application will be generated.
- Applicants will also be provided with verification of the application ID via registered email. You just have to save it for your future reference. The moment you receive the email in your inbox, then it is confirmed that your application has been submitted for review.
CSC Re-Registration And Status
- To verify with the status of the application submitted for CSC registration, applicants have to visit the official web site at http://registrtion.csc.gov.in/cscregistration/RegStatus.aspx from the browser or from the home page to go registration and then on this page look around for status or registration option.
- Applicants will also have to provide with information about ID number, email ID and details related to biometric information Aadhar ID. Then you have to click the submit option and preview will be displayed on the screen.
Common Service Center Certificate
The moment any already existing VLE get registered under the new system by updating their present information, they shall be issued with a copy of their Certification that shall be generated on the CSC digital platform. Apart from this the system will also provide them with a unique email ID for Digital Seva Portal.
CSC center List
- Applicants can easily generate the complete list of CSC centers online via official website. To check with the complete or individual CSC list you just have to visit the official website at http://gis.csc.gov.in/locator/csc.aspx. Once on the official web page you will be displayed with CSC list locator services.
- On the left side of the main page you just have to make the selection of State Name from the drop down menu. Once selected then you will have to select the District name that is provided under the drop down menu along with Sub district name.
- The moment you have provided with all three information then you can perform your search on the basis of the VLE name or Village name from the Search bar provided. This will limit the time you spend searching state wise.
- CSC s are expected to provided with communication services between government sector and general rural people about Agriculture, education, disaster warnings, development projects, health services, employment opportunities etc. given by the government.
- They have to rely on providing Live Video and audio demonstrations to the rural population for better understanding of various schemes and services. They should also be efficient in organizing multi-group interactions related to empowerment, entertainment, training sessions, and educational programs (awareness).
- They have to be efficient in offering e-governance services along with e-banking, placing requests etc. at the web portal services. He or she will also be responsible for organizing health camps and other services related to Telemedicine within remote areas. Apart from this they may also be responsible for providing with few commercial services including print out copies of documents, DTP services and BPO services) along with other banking sector services.
CSC start up cost / Registration Fee
To get started with the registration process as VLE applicant may not have to pay any registration fee as it is absolutely fee of cost registration process. There are a few other additional cost that are involved as mentioned below:-
- The overall estimation of getting started with CSC center may be around Rs 1.25 to 1.50 lakhs per center. Applicants will have to invest their money in renting or leasing hall in their locality or village. It is also must that they should have a set up of around 1 or 2 Personal Computers at the CSC.
- Minimum requirements for the PC have to be met (4 GB RAM / 120 GB HDD/ DVD / CD drives/ Win. XP-SP2 OS). As most villages are having low power supply timings so it is also advisable to have a battery back up of minimum 4 hours at the CSC center for running the computers.
- Apart from this they also need to invest money in purchasing Color printer, B&W Printer, Digital or Web cam, Scanner for scanning images and documents, and a High Speed internet connection preferably Broad band (128 KBPS).
How to earn money from CSC
- As each of the CSC will be providing with above mentioned services on behalf of the state and central government so some of the expenses will also be covered by the government for running the centers.
- Apart from this making maximum use of the CSC center will also ensure that you get to earn more income from it on regular basis. A genuine CSC will be efficient to generate at least Rs 20,000 to around Rs 25,000 or more from each center.
- The main source of income in the CSC can be creating awareness programs amongst people and organizing group talks and other educational programs for them on behalf of the government schemes and services that are beneficial for the people.
In general a CSC will not possess any risk factor if you are able to operate it as required. It is important that you have to be more socializing as creating awareness on regular basis is important for you to generate active source of income at CSC.
It is also important that you need to ensure that your computer system is well protected with strong password and firewall. This is important because you need to access all personal information for beneficiaries online over the internet so your system has to be well protected against hackers.
- Business Plan (Internet Service Provider) ISP Cost Profit
- Best Transport Business At Small Investment