Dog farming business plan in India
For the ones who are planning to start a side business, dog farming is an excellent option to choose. No additional arrangements are required for this business. You can start with this business along with your daily chores of work. You only have to keep some special dog species in your home and this way, you can start to earn money. You can breed them and start selling their children in the local market and earn money from it. Therefore, this is a good option for additional income even if you are engaged with other business or jobs.
Dog breeding business
Several dog species are available in the market, and you have to get the right one. Read on to know more about how to earn from the special dog species.
This is among the most loved dogs in the country. The dog is of a friendly nature. In addition, they can be trained easily as they are intelligent ones. The dog owners do not have to spend a lot of money to help the dogs adapt to a different environment. Due to these reasons, this dog breed is a beneficial one among the rest for business.
These dogs are small in size. Some are thick which looks cute. This is one of the oldest species of dogs and the ideal option for the ones who are living in apartment form of house. Even if it is the first time for them to raise their dogs, then this species is a suitable option.
- German Shepherd
This is one of the common breeds of dogs, and it is easily available in India. This breed of dog is intelligent, courageous and they stay alert most of the time. Interestingly, this dog is known by a different name in different countries. For safety purpose, these breed is used the more these days. They are suitable for smelling and identifying compared to other breeds.
For dog lovers, nothing can be the best choice other than a pariah. Dogs of this species are found easily. These are affectionate and loyal to masters. For the environment, this breed is a suitable option as they can easily adjust to the environment.
- Indian Spitz
You might get confused about Indian Spitz and , but these are different ones. Pomeranian is low weight one, and these are small with tall fur when compared to Indian Spitz.
These have beautiful fur, and they have a friendly nature. They are perfect for staying at a small apartment. These dogs are trained for hunting animals such as rabbits. Later on, as they grow up, they become an excellent option as pet dogs. They are courageous, healthy and energetic as well and perfect to survive in Indian climate.
For police and military, these species of dog is the suitable option. Also, among the Indian pet species, this is the most like one. They are intelligent, have an excellent sixth sense. In addition, these dogs are adventurous. Interestingly, these dogs can adjust to any kind of weather conditions. You can get them in any Indian city.
This can be considered as an athlete type of dog. It is a healthy one and is affectionate towards its owners. This dog work as a watchman and they are able to stay only in a hot climate. They are not able to survive in cold climates.
What are the basic requirements for dog farming business?
Selling dogs to breeding dogs may not be an easy affair. But with perfect planning, it is possible to do the task easily. To accomplish the task smoothly, you have to invest proper time in it. Starting from investment to breeding, taking care of the newborn and another necessary licensing task should be done carefully. In addition, you have to keep a watch that your animal is harmed. So, with all these arrangements, when you enter the business, you get in touch with trusted breeders as customers, and you start to get benefits and earn from this business. Some of the requirement of this business is given in the following part of the article.
- Proper business plan
- Proper management team
- Well planned investment
- Essential licensing
- Effective marketing plans
Details of a market overview relating to dog breeding business
By studying the market well, you get to know about the demand of the dog species in the market. Nowadays, it is seen that dogs are kept at different places other than farms, cities for guarding purpose. In departments such as police, CID, special force and others, dogs are required these days. This trade is in demand these days, and you can choose from different dog species once you start looking for it from the market. With the right management and planning, you are sure to rise high in this form of business.
Breeding details for male and female dogs
If you wish to start a dog breeding business, you should have proper knowledge about it. In this way, you can avoid harming the animals. When you get into dog breeding is done, the following steps should be taken.
How to breed female dogs?
- Female dogs that have completed the age of 18 months are suitable to produce their young ones. So, before you take the dog for breeding, you should check it. In addition, 10 days before breeding the dog, it should be checked by a licensed vet to ensure that it does not have any disease and it is the perfect condition for breeding.
- You are not allowed to force a female dog to produce more than once a year. However, female dogs can breed only one time in a given year.
- In the whole lifetime of a female dog, they cannot reproduce more than 5 times. So, you cannot force the female dog to produce more than 5 times.
What are the conditions for breeding male dogs?
- It is necessary that male dogs should be mature and healthy for breeding. In addition, dogs that are 18 months older can only be used for breeding.
- Here again, 10 days before breeding, the dog should be checked by a proper veterinarian to ensure proper health of the dog.
What license is required for dog breeding?
Your business should have a license if you breed more than three dogs in a year and sell in the market. To get a license for your business, you have to go through the following steps.
- First, you have to get a dog breeding license, and you can apply it online. After a proper inspection, you will be given a license.
- Following this, you have to opt for permission for dog breeding from your local authority. This is required before you start the breeding.
- Along with this, it is important that you get your business registered and also get a number for that. This will be helpful for future use.
- As dog breeding license is only valid for one year, you have to renew it in a timely manner.
What is the investment involved in a dog farming business?
To start the business, first, you have to find a place where you can keep the dogs. In addition to this, the environment should be suitable enough so that you are able to take proper care of the dogs. Along with this, proper food and medication of both female and male dogs are required before and after reproduction. When breeding for the first time, you have to buy both female and male dogs. If you have a place, you can start with this dog breeding business, and it will require only rupees 50 thousand initially.
What are the risk factors involved in dog breeding business?
Some risks are involved in this business. But you cannot get success without going through risks. Risk is an inevitable part of every business and so is in this dog breeding business.Some of the possible risks are given in the following part of the article.
- For a female dog, you can breed for only 5 times. After this, you have to provide adequate nutrition to the dog. It cannot be used for profit anymore.
- It is not possible to breed dogs of one family, and for this, you have to take special care about breeding the dogs.
- Special attention should be given to the dog’s health in this kind of business. You may not be able to breed unhealthy dogs. So, you have to be careful about breeding the dogs.
Therefore, with effective planning and management, you are sure to earn good from this kind of business. You can expect excellent profit from this business. Here, buyers are interested in buying dogs which are worthy of million rupees. You can get the dogs of your choice easily. If you can meet the demands of customers, you are sure to earn a good profit in this business.