How to Start a Local TV Channel in India ? [Application form for tv channel registration] Application Form, License Cost, Investment And Profit
Audio-visual media has developed a lot in the recent times. If you have an eye for a certain kind of entertainment programs, then you will find it on the television network. The television broadcast sector is rather complex. Only a person with technical know how will be able to understand the intricate tasks. A lot happens behind the scenes so that you can gain access to your favorite programs, with the push of a button. It is possible for any person or company to establish its own television channel. Both government as well as private organizations can create and broadcast programs on their platforms. The popularity of private channels is more than that of government channels. Here you will get information regarding what one has to do to open and operate a television channel in India.
What is a television channel?
The presence of a television channel is a must for entertainment. It is a virtual number or simply a broadcast frequency that offers a platform, where audio-video shows are broadcast. Several kinds of programs are crafted for broadcast on these frequencies. You can get news as well as entertainment content on these television channels.
How can one start a television channel?
Earlier, it was possible for any person or company to establish and operate a television channel. But in 2014, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting had implemented some strict guidelines. If the interested company does not follow these guidelines, then it will not get the permission to operate the television channel.
Necessary net worth of channel owner
Only those companies will be allowed to open their own television channel, which possess a net worth of Rs. 5 crore. In case the company desires to operate a news channel, then it must have a net worth of Rs. 20 crore. Only those organizations, which fulfill the necessary requirements, will be able to apply for television channel licensing. To ensure the official seal, the company must start the news channel before the completion of one year, starting from the date of application submission. The company will utilize this time to gather technicians, journalists and other necessary teams. It is mandatory for the channel owner to keep all records of expenses. One can also prepare a business plan that will come in handy for running the channel smoothly.
Avenues to earn from the channels
After the television channel starts broadcasting pragmas, it is time for the authority to work out the way, which will bring in revenue. The main objective of most television channels is to make money. For this, the companies need to highlight their income sources. The primary revenue source for any television channel is by advertisements. The television channel owners will be able to sell slots to advertisers, and earn revenue. Another source of income is by broadcasting sponsored programs. One or more brands may be sponsoring the show. With the advent of the DTH connections, channels have another revenue source. The television channels can sell the programs to the DTH operators, and earn money.
Necessary tools and programs to operate the television channel
- To start the channel, the channel owner must create a list of programs, which will be broadcasted. The type and nature of these programs will depend on the agenda of the channel. The authority needs to take into account the nature of the target audiences as well.
- If the channel serves news, then the owners must construct a news studio setup. For other programs, necessary studio setup and filming must commence before the channel goes on air.
- Once the content is ready, the technicians will come to the forefront. It is not possible for one person to monitor the entire channel. There is strict division of labor and responsibilities. The technical support team will operate gadgets for broadcasting the show.
- The channel owners may shoot their own shows or downlink content from another company. If the shows fail to keep the audiences hooked, then popularity of the channel will dwindle. It will have a direct effect on the overall revenue of the channel.
How to attain permit for the television channel?
The permit and registration of the channel depends on the type of content that the channel will broadcast. If the channel wishes to broadcast entertain shows, then it will have to apply for a registration accordingly. But the overall process is similar. Here are some steps that will help any interested person to apply for authorization.
- All television channels must have an uplink hub. Without this, the channel authority will not be able to broadcast the shows. The channel owner or respective authority will have to fill in application form, where they must highlight the main agenda of the channel. Then the application will be sent to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- Once the ministry approves the channel uplink, then the channel owner will be able to broadcast shows in all parts of the country. To attain satellite links, the channel authority needs to get in touch with respective government agencies.
- Once all documents are in order, the channel owner has to submit all details regarding the shareholding partners.
- Jan Arogya Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- How to start Scrap Business in India?
- How to Start a YouTube Channel
- Online Internet Business Ideas